Early intervention for students with reading difficulties is widely recognised as making a significant difference in the long-term reading abilities of children. Research indicates that 95 per cent of children who have difficulty learning to read can reach grade level if they receive specialised help early on. As a literacy researcher, but also as a volunteer tutor giving one-to-one instruction, Susan Hill describes her recent involvement in a successful early intervention.
- Reading Development Across Stages
- Shared Reading Webinar Part 1: Good First Teaching for All Pre-K, K, and 1st grade Readers, Using Lift Off to Literacy™ (Video 1 of 3)
- Shared Reading Webinar Part 2: Extending Shared Reading Through Revisits to Text (Video 2 of 3)
- Shared Reading Webinar Part 3: Extending Shared Reading for Emergent and Early Readers Through Writing, Using Lift Off to Literacy™ (Video 3 of 3)
- Recalibrating the Focus of Teaching Reading to Engagement and Motivation